1978 K20 outer window sweep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Richard

Reaction score
First Name
richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just bought my 1978 Chevy K20 a few months ago. So I bought all of the door and window seals. As of this point I have gone through the passenger door. Rebuild vent window, R/R window regulator etc. The issue I seem to have is the outside Window Sweep. It is too short. It wont wrap/cover over the top of the door. I wonder if there is a larger one available ? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I think I understand your question. If I I do, it sounds like you have the window sweep that runs along the base of the window, but you need the run channel that starts at the back end of the window sweep.

Rusty Richard

Reaction score
First Name
richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have attached a picture of the issue. Which, I'm assuming is the doors outer panel is warped.

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Yes, you have the correct sweep. You just need to buy the run channel to finish on up. The lumpiness may correct itself. I don't know what the protocol is for that, but maybe normal heat and sun exposure is all it needs.

Rusty Richard

Reaction score
First Name
richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks Jesse,
I do have new run channels for both doors. They to dont seem to fill out and /or cover the edge of the doors. They seem to be just a little small and there is were the gaps happen. I would think the sweeps would sandwich the window a little tighter and hang over the edge of the door more ?
I wonder if this is common?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesardelacadena