1885 C3500 Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Man, I wish I could put that thing on layaway.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Good price, really nice shape for an 1885 model too. Lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
NICE truck..

Rooster336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Has anyone done a long distance transaction that has some advice if I wanted to pull the trigger on this?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Has anyone done a long distance transaction that has some advice if I wanted to pull the trigger on this?
It might sit for some time before a carrier would be able to pick it up. My stealth sat at airport parking lot for almost a month before I got the transportation arranged for a reasonable cost. Road trip is better

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I'd ally with someone on here that was close by to check it out and give you the scoop on it. Either that or enlist the services of a reputable, local, independent mechanic who'd be willing to be compensated for their services through something like PayPal or Venmo. If it checked out, I'd get quotes from multiple shippers to see how much you'd be looking at going that route. A Delta flight from Raleigh to Great Falls is $402 dollars with one stop in Minneapolis. United's the same price but more stops and longer net layover. If I had the time, I would actually make a trip out of it instead of shipping it. It would be a more expeditious process contrary to waiting for it to be shipped as mentioned, and it may work out the same or cheaper. I don't know how much gas that thing's guzzling, but I just got some shipping quotes right fast, and the cheapest I saw was $1600 dollars for an open transport. I'd go the field trip option if it were me.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've done the road trip thing to pick up a vehicle. If you fly out, bring a basic set of tools with you, as well as some wire, duct tape, etc. You can check a toolbox or bag as long as there are no flammables in it ( WD 40, oil, liquid wrench). You may need them to fix small problems. I also brought jumper cables and a tow strap. Luckily I only needed a wrench and screwdriver to attach the license plate.:)

I trailered my K10 home, and am glad I did. I had a fuel leak, blew a heater hose, and had several other small coolant leaks develop the first week I drove it. Nothing serious, but definatly would have needed my tools if I had driven it home.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I hope you can get it. It looks like a great truck. I hardly ever see a std. cab dually.

Rooster336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks all.

Unfortunately I’m not in a position where I can take the time off work to road trip it back.

Going to search more shipping rates cause $1,600 takes it out of what I’m looking to spend.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had to pay around $550 to ship a vehicle about 4 years ago. But it was less than 1k miles away
Thanks all.

Unfortunately I’m not in a position where I can take the time off work to road trip it back.

Going to search more shipping rates cause $1,600 takes it out of what I’m looking to spend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990