14 bolt U bolt flip ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbear

Reaction score
First Name
tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
r20
Engine Size
I want to change my U bolt style from square to round on my 74 K30 1 ton, which has a 14 bolt FF rear. There are kits out there for this which include the spring plates and u bolts, but I thought I have read somewhere that this wouldn't work on a 1 ton with stock suspension. It said that it was too close to the frame, and I don't see how it would be a problem.....can anyone give some insight on this??? thanks in advance!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It works, but you end up with what I call "Chuck Norris bump stops". Not a big deal really. I have a pic of something close, I'm running a 1-ton suspension on my half ton frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

dbear

Reaction score
First Name
tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
r20
Engine Size
It works, but you end up with what I call "Chuck Norris bump stops". Not a big deal really. I have a pic of something close, I'm running a 1-ton suspension on my half ton frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

Is that 4 inch blocks under those springs? If so, if mine doesn't have blocks, it should have plenty of room??? Just a thought. Thanks for replying.....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is that 4 inch blocks under those springs? If so, if mine doesn't have blocks, it should have plenty of room??? Just a thought. Thanks for replying.....

Yes, 4 inch blocks. But even without the blocks, the springs will still be in the same location.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406