1/2 front axle seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndnparadise

Reaction score
First Name
Darius
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Having trouble getting the how to properly seat inner axle seals on a half ton front axle. What is used to properly seat these seals

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
There is a ton of seals... which ones are you exactly talking about?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That is a good question. I always thought that they went in from the inside of the differential housing. No?

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I just replaced a set on my Dana 44 front axle. You have to pull the carrier to do it. I used a large socket on a very long extension to drive the old seals out. To put them in I used one of two ways. I either used the same socket and extension to drive then in. They will stop at the lip inside the axle when fully seated. You will not drive them too far. I went from the passenger side with the extension, put the socket on inside the carrier and lined it up with the seal. I had my son tap it in. Or I used the bearing and race install kit that I bought form HF. I am thinking that I used a 3/4 drive socket with a 1/2 adapter and 1/2 extensions. This was not hard to install.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC