Go Back   GM Square Body - 1973 - 1987 GM Truck Forum > '73 - '87 GM Truck Modifications > Exterior
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Advertisements

Exterior Tires, Wheels, Paint, Mirrors, Badges, etc.

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #136

Honky Kong jr

Name: J-me

Year: 87
Model: V10
Engine: Lil BB 407

Honky Kong jr is on a distinguished road
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Originally Posted by Old77 View Post
Behind the taillight is the cleanest look IMO A few here have done it. @Mr Clean did his a couple months back.
I did mine that way because if I want to throw shit in the bed I won't have to worry about damaging it or covering it up. For a show truck hands down in the bed is the obvious choice.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #137

Camar068
Supporting Member

Name: David

Year: 1986
Model: K10/350/700r4/np208/3.08/31"
Engine: 10 yrs Air Force

Camar068 is a glorious beacon of lightCamar068 is a glorious beacon of lightCamar068 is a glorious beacon of lightCamar068 is a glorious beacon of lightCamar068 is a glorious beacon of lightCamar068 is a glorious beacon of light
to add to this I found a video on youtube. Same thing in a nutshell. Hopefully have mine tackled over my 3 day weekend this weekend. I really think the hardest part is gonna be how far do I go with cleaning up the frame while I have the bed off. This is only a mock up for the LS swap in the future so I dont have to run lines....only get the tank mounted as I'll be driving it to work with the original tank Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7u6dKOg2mk

...My name is Paul and this is between Ya'll

Last edited by Camar068; 05-19-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Camar068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:04 AM   #138

HotRodPC
Administrator

Name: HotRod

Year: 85
Model: Silverado K10 to K20 Conversion
Engine: 6.2 to Gas???

HotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond repute
Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to HotRodPC
Originally Posted by Honky Kong jr View Post
I did this.
I need someone to make me one of those boots. When I do mine I also intend to use a fuel door I've cut out of another bed. I'd like to see the other side of this one to see the filler on the outside.

84 Chevy Silverado C20 454/Turbo 400 14FF 3.73 Peg Legger -- http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286

85 Chevy Silverado K10 350/700R4/NP208 14FF/10B 4.10 w Lockers --http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279
HotRodPC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #139

HotRodPC
Administrator

Name: HotRod

Year: 85
Model: Silverado K10 to K20 Conversion
Engine: 6.2 to Gas???

HotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond repute
Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to HotRodPC
Has anyone yet had any luck installing a Burb 40 gallon tank in a Longbed? I measured once and it seemed to be tight to the rear axle to me. Not sure I like it being that close to the rear axle.

84 Chevy Silverado C20 454/Turbo 400 14FF 3.73 Peg Legger -- http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286

85 Chevy Silverado K10 350/700R4/NP208 14FF/10B 4.10 w Lockers --http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279
HotRodPC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:46 PM   #140

Honky Kong jr

Name: J-me

Year: 87
Model: V10
Engine: Lil BB 407

Honky Kong jr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HotRodPC View Post
I need someone to make me one of those boots. When I do mine I also intend to use a fuel door I've cut out of another bed. I'd like to see the other side of this one to see the filler on the outside.
What do you need tabbed? Pm if yo don't want to corrupt this thread, or move to convo. Thread.