Go Back   GM Square Body - 1973 - 1987 GM Truck Forum > Photo Gallery > Member Photos
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Advertisements

Member Photos Post up pics of your ride here.

User Tag List

Old 05-05-2017, 06:32 AM   #451

HotRodPC
Administrator

Name: HotRod

Year: 85
Model: Silverado K10 to K20 Conversion
Engine: 6.2 to Gas???

HotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond repute
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to HotRodPC
I'm born and raised in Los Angeles burb. Moved to OK in Dec of 90 so now I've been in OK more years than Cali. I hear of their politics on the news, friends and family, and it's only gotten worse since I left. I see no reason to go back. OK is way more conservative than I care for but it's a trade off. Conservative is one thing and I'm for it, but they go to far here. Cali to wayyyyyyyy to far liberal, OK wayyyyy to far conservative. So I have to choose which I prefer and take the good with the bad. But, I do like the desert better than the plains.

84 Chevy Silverado C20 454/Turbo 400 14FF 3.73 Peg Legger -- http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286

85 Chevy Silverado K10 350/700R4/NP208 14FF/10B 4.10 w Lockers --http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279
HotRodPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #452

74 Shortbed

Name: Art

Year: 1974
Model: C-10
Engine: 350ci/700R to be replaced with a 468ci

74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Originally Posted by HotRodPC View Post
I hope to be in AZ desert someday. Not the least bit homesick for So Cali. I just don't think I can do Cali anymore whatsoever. The politics there scare the hell outta me.
That all depends "where" in Cali you're at.. .

63 Nova wagon
75 Nova Custom
74 Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:24 AM   #453

74 Shortbed

74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough74 Shortbed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TIE_Fightertk06 View Post
I know! The heat is good right now. Heading up the mountain with the family this weekend for some camping and fishing. Should be a blast. The 'burb is loaded and waiting for us to get out of work tomorrow.
Should be a good weekend for it..

63 Nova wagon
75 Nova Custom
Old 05-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #454

HotRodPC
Administrator

HotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodPC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 74 Shortbed View Post
That all depends "where" in Cali you're at.. .
How so? The state laws are state wide right? I'd have to give up most of my guns and mags to live there. If my vehicles were set up the way I wanted them, they'd fail smog, not to mention the cost of annual registration. Cali requires pick ups to be commercial tagged and they rip your ass on commercial tags. It cost me $24 a year here per square. Gas tax is state wide.

84 Chevy Silverado C20 454/Turbo 400 14FF 3.73 Peg Legger -- http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286

85 Chevy Silverado K10 350/700R4/NP208 14FF/10B 4.10 w Lockers --http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279
Old 05-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #455

74 Shortbed

How so? The state laws are state wide right? I'd have to give up most of my guns and mags to live there. If my vehicles were set up the way I wanted them, they'd fail smog, not to mention the cost of annual registration. Cali requires pick ups to be commercial tagged and they rip your ass on commercial tags. It cost me $24 a year here per square. Gas tax is state wide.
Some are and some ain't especially if you live on the Res, and no smog here, gas I buy in AZ don't have a choice,lol.. ain't nothing like living in LA..

63 Nova wagon
75 Nova Custom
Old 05-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #456
TIE_Fightertk06

Name: Jason

Year: 1987s
Model: R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic 1500 High Sierra SWB Stepside
Engine: 350 TBI 305 TBI

TIE_Fightertk06 is on a distinguished road
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Some family camping in the 'burb. Hit mid-30s last night up at Rose Canyon.
TIE_Fightertk06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #457
AustinDube

Name: Austin

Year: 1976
Model: K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine: 5.7L 350

AustinDube is on a distinguished road
IMG_0079.jpg
AustinDube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #458

R10C10

Name: Jay

Year: 1987
Model: r10
Engine: 350

R10C10 is on a distinguished road
My 87 gmc jimmy playing in the snow in crown king az
my red 87 r10
my dads 86 c10

dad always drove squares. I was raised square. I will raise my sons square.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.11.jpg (100.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg c1032.jpg (101.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg dad.jpg (34.1 KB, 10 views)
R10C10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #459

Honky Kong jr

Name: J-me

Year: 87
Model: V10
Engine: Lil BB 407

Honky Kong jr is on a distinguished road
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nice rides..👍

Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #460

HotRodPC
Administrator

Originally Posted by R10C10 View Post
My 87 gmc jimmy playing in the snow in crown king az
my red 87 r10
my dads 86 c10

dad always drove squares. I was raised square. I will raise my sons square.
Damn !!! Which one will get it? Prolly the 4x4 !!! Not a fan of lowered trucks myself, but those look great.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:57 PM   #461

74 Shortbed

Sweet rides..

63 Nova wagon
75 Nova Custom
Old 05-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #462

R10C10

Originally Posted by Honky Kong jr View Post
Nice rides..👍
Damn !!! Which one will get it? Prolly the 4x4 !!! Not a fan of lowered trucks myself, but those look great.
Originally Posted by 74 Shortbed View Post
Sweet rides..
Thanks for the kind words. and hotrod... lifted or lowered, restored or forgotten behind the barn rotting away...doesn't matter... a square body Chevy is a beautiful thing.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #463

HotRodPC
Administrator

Originally Posted by R10C10 View Post
Thanks for the kind words. and hotrod... lifted or lowered, restored or forgotten behind the barn rotting away...doesn't matter... a square body Chevy is a beautiful thing.
You're right !!!

And around here, we always say, Make'm your own. Some don't like lowered, some don't like lifted, some don't like shiney, some don't like patina, some don't like visors on them, but so what.. It's yours so do as you please, I don't want someone having one like one of mine. Besides, I might mistake it for mine and think mine got stolen and someone would die.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #464

R10C10

So.. feeling a little nostalgic today. Or I guess more sentimental. I believe every one has a story of the truck or car they wish they never sold. Most usually have to do with getting married, starting a family, buying your first house, or just in need of cash equity. I'm no different. The other day as my dad and I hung out in my garage and hovered around my R10 he noticed hanging on the wall a picture of our old blazer. "man I miss that truck" he tells me. And that's all it took to get the memories flowing... This is my regretful sell story.

I said it in an earlier post that my dad always drove a square. As a child I vividly remember riding four deep (mom, dad, sister, and me) in his beautiful red single cab short bed 86' k10. Bought it new off the showroom floor. Silverado. Fully loaded. Too small for a growing family of four... Around 92' my dad bit the bullet and realized that it just wasn't comfortable riding around with all of us squeezed across the bench seat. That's when he came home with the blazer... 91' Silverado. Not lifted at the time. Dad never was much into that. Just a perfect family hauler. 4x4. Hunting and camper towing rig. I think I was 10 or maybe 11 at that time. Many many memories made with that truck. Countless family camping vacations, or hunting scouts and trips. I learned how to drive at a much less than legal age in that blazer. Many miles my dad would sit in the passenger seat while I motored through the back roads and trails of Arizona feeling like I was on top of the world. Running out of gas pulling the camper through the white mountains, watching my uncle squirm in pain from broken ribs in the passenger seat as my dad manipulated the blazer around the potholes on a trail out javelina hunting, as I got older and got my license taking the blazer without permission to the lake or desert parties. (sorry dad, I think you knew anyways). So many more memories that I wont bore you with. Needless to say from the moment my dad brought this blazer home I was in love. As I grew older I begged and begged my dad to give me the blazer. He finally gave in around the beginning of my senior year. But oh no! He did not give it to me. He sold it to me. And because I could not afford the full amount up front, I made payments to him. And he charged me interest! Ha I couldn't believe that at the time. My dad charging me interest... Looking back what a valuable life lesson he had given me. YES!! she was mine! All mine! I couldn't have been happier. And like any 18 year old kid I had to change it. Had to make it cooler. lol. Lift, wheels, tires, gears, exhaust, off road lights.. lol... just couldn't have left it alone. But it was mine! and I loved it. I drove it for many years after that. It served me well through my college days and the beginning of my young adult life. Always was my baby. But like everyone else's story goes... life slapped me in the face. Gas prices rising. Need something more practical. Need money for my down payment on my first house. Ugh.. I regret the day I sold my blazer. My dads blazer. Always said I will have another some day. And I have. Many more squarebodies since then. Blazers and Jimmys. K10s and C10s. But that was my Dad's truck. That was my truck. I can replace the truck. But I cant replace the memories and the invaluable life lessons learned with that truck. I am so grateful and so lucky to still have my dad around today. Our truck is long gone. Im sure I will never be able to track it down. But I have the memories. I have the life lessons. And I have my dad. Couldn't really ask for much more than that. Now a father of two sons myself (10 and 13) I only hope I can pass on the love and passion for trucks and life that my father passed on to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k5.jpg (96.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg k51.jpg (92.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #465

HotRodPC
Administrator

Great story !!! I'd like to shake your dad's hand. He did good selling it to you and charging you interest. My kids were raised the same way. I was told I was rough and an asshole. No, an asshole is my dad. FUCK YOU, you ain't got the money, I'm selling it to someone who has money. Didn't even give me the opportunity to buy it. He didn't need the money, he just wanted it out of his way. So my life lesson wasn't about loans and interest, it was, "If you ain't got the money now you do without". Of course vehicles don't mean jack shit to him so there's no sentimental value to him in a vehicle at all. And he claims the worst thing his mother ever did for him was cosign for him to buy his first car and get him hung up with an obligation to make payments. PRICK !!!